Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My First Lamp Redo

After stalking seeing all these awesome blogs out there my new fave hobby is hitting the thrift/junk stores to see what I can recreate (and yes, spray paint).  Well I came across this ugly, ugly lamp.  It was gold and really awful looking but I knew it had great potential!  (I didn't remember to take a 'before' pic - big mistake as I wish you could have seen it)!  Anyhoo, all I did was prime the monster then sprayed it with rustoleum heirloom white (have I told you I luuv spray paint!), lastly I rubbed some stain into it so it had that aged look.  However...what I really am in love with is the shade I redid!  (I did remember to take a before pic - yah me!)  I am so in love with the ruffles and little flowers I keep seeing.  Lu-uv them!  So I sewed up some ruffles, made some of the flowers (thanks to all the tutorials out there), then added some much needed bling - attached all with my trusty glue gun!  So for my first official redo it was fun, fun, fun, and only cost me a whoppin $7.50!  Now I'm going to try my first link up to White Wednesday over at Faded Charm!  All these firsts... =)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Wonderful job Kristen, it turned out so nice!!

sandybugg said...

would love to know how you made the flowers