Saturday, August 14, 2010

Seeing Red!!!

Okay, so I did the red dresser/storage/shelf thingy and fretted over the color - which I said was so unlike me to be so indecisive!  Anyhoo, I totally loved the color after it was done so I did a few more items red!  The first was a garage sale score my wonderful Mom found!  I think it was initially suppose to have a mirror or maybe a picture in the middle of it but that was missing. 
Here it is ready to be primed.  Sorry about the upside down picture - could NOT get it to turn no matter what I did!  Ugh, sometimes I am just not too bright technically challenged!

Here it is with that fabulous red!!!  Love it!  I added a piece of wood in the middle which I covered with chalk board paint...however it was still missing something!  Then I had another "a-ha" moment and went to the old cricut machine and cut out the "market" sign!  I thought how perfect for the kitchen or pantry!  Luv-luv-luv the red! 

So I was still seeing RED after that project when I decided to tackle another little gem my Mom found me!  This little chair was so unique!  It was an odd size which made it so funky and cute!  It's hard to see the uniqueness in the picture so you have to trust me on this!  Super fun! 
It was also missing the top seat part. Therefore I thought I'd try my hand at making a "flower pot chair" that are so popular! I actually ended up finding a flower pot that fit perfectly in the center so I didn't even add any wood to cover it!  I just painted the chair, painted the pot and set the pot in, and "ta-da"!  Another shab to fab find!

On display at The Red Poppy!  It didn't last long - sold right away to a very good home! (*wink/wink you know who you are)!  =)

Here they both are on display at The Red Poppy!  Both have sold and sold quickly (yah!) but they would have ended up in my house if they hadn't!  Super cute!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Both turned out great. Love the red. Chalkboards are soooo in right now. I need one Ü