Monday, March 28, 2011

For the Love of Music!!!

There is always music in one form or another playing at our house...Rolling Stones, MercyMe, Lady GaGA, Barney! Yep, we have quite the assortment - but you can really dance to anything - not that I would want ANYONE to see that happen! So, it is no wonder that I am completely OBSESSED with vintage sheet music right now! I love, love, love it! Everything I seem to recreate has it in it, on it, or over it!!!!  I even dreamt about it...would that be considered as obsessive?! I THINK SO!!!
A very U-G-L-Y candleholder...but she had potential once I removed the red velvet covering....I think it was cemented onto it! Should have taken a before pic with the velvet on there so you could get the whole groovy effect....can you say 1970's? Peace out!
Ahhh....now we are talking!
Hoping to get some creating done today, I know there will be music involved, and I would bet there will be some vintage sheet music involved too! After a weekend of writing research papers I TOTALLY need it! Hope you have a great day! Hugs!
Kristen


2 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! You did a great job! The candle holder looks wonderful. It's so fun to breathe life back into something that's been tossed aside for so many years, isn't it? Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from WW. Hope you stop by Cottage and Creek and say 'hi'.
~Lynn
www.cottageandcreek.com

Unknown said...

That came out beautiful! I am obsessed with sheet music too! My WW post proves it! LOL LOVE gluing it on everything, putting it in little frames, embellishing with it! Ahhhh
Happy WW
Roselle