Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Before and After Dining Area Make-over

I'm having issues downloading pictures from my camera, so I was going through some old before and after pictures when I came across the ones when we remodeled our dining area.  We remodeled it 3 years ago but what a difference it made!  We knocked out a wall and closet to open the area up!  It looks 1000% better. 
This is an angle taken from our living room, you can see our front door (which was also replaced) and the dining area through the window in the wall.  My BIG question...why, why, why, would they even build it like that is beyond me!) 

Another view of the lovely wall window!  Ugh!  The before pictures are taken in really bad lighting but it was a dark, claustraphobic area which is now nice, bright, and open!


The after pictures!  The window treatments aren't up yet, and it looks quite a bit different now (3 years later),  but you're able to see the new open area, paint, floor, windows, etc.  HUGE project but HUGE  difference!   And so worth it!

Here is another angle from the  dining area.  I painted my (oak) table and chairs which was one of my first huge projects! I wanted my chairs all different colors!  DH thought that was a dumb idea but he is color blind so what does he know?!  Ha!  (Yes, I tell him that all the time)!  Anyhow I loved the way it turned out!  I ordered some vinyl words that I added to the backs of my chairs, however, now that I have my own cutting system, I could cut them out myself!  Like I said I did it 3 years ago (didn't think to take a before picture) and it has held up pretty good!  Probably could use a new top coat, so one of these days....I just might get to it!  Enjoy!  Hugs! ; )

No comments: