Monday, October 13, 2008

Photo cubes - my favorite!




I love old things! Antiques, old pictures, peeling "distressed" paint, etc. I tried my hand at altering a wooden block with pictures of the girls. I wanted it to look "aged". I think it turned out pretty good for my first time...and I do get lots of compliments on it! All I did was cut my paper & pictures to size & added embellishments. After it was decorated the way I wanted it I put a coat of modge podge over it to protect the paper & elements from dust & finger prints! I had bought the block at a scrapbook store in the cities but I think ANY old block would do! Hope you like it!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

oh, this is fabulous Kris.... what a fun idea.. I might need to try this one someday!!

Laurie said...

Love it! These would make great gifts. Where did you get the cubes and what size works best?

Jan said...

Cute block Kristen! And by the way, nice blog too! Good job! Have a good time in Florida! Wish I were going with you! :) I'v e added you to my favorites.