Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone survived the Cmas chaos had a great Christmas and New Year!  Christmas break went so fast but (for once) I was ready to see the girls get back into school and on a schedule!  I hope Santa brought everyone what their little hearts desired and everyone made unforgetable memories with family and friends.  Speaking of Santa, what does he bring a junker...hmmm...
A plug in drill!  What a perfect gift...this way the hubster and I don't have to play the blame game totally his fault as to who didn't recharge the battery pack for our cordless drill (and we have two battery packs!) I know!!!  Awesome gift right? Who would have thunk?!

Another awesome gift...a belt sander!  It has been in my dreams for a long, long time!  Don't you just love how Santa knows just the right gift a junker girl needs!  Can't wait to try her out!


As most know my goal this year was to make (or buy from local artists or stores) the majority of my Christmas gifts.  I think I did fairly well with the adult gifts we had to buy.  This little bench was a dumpster find by the hubster which we redid for the inlaws!  (Yes, the inlaws know where it came from!)  This pic is after it had been cleaned, the top had been added as she was topless (that sounds so x-rated) and it was sanded down - she was a terrible fright before all those makeovers.  My mother in law asked if we could add a board to the bottom so she could add some baskets for storage.  So the hubby did his magic and I was left to the painting and cushion - the fun, creative part if you ask me!!!
Not so great!!!

Ta-da!!!  Here she is all done!  We think it turned out great and the baskets add more storage, which we know a girl can NEVER have too much storage...just saying! 
Here are some bedspring, wine lighted bottle thingys!  Hubby drilled a hole in the wine bottle and added the lights!  I added my creative touch to the bed springs! 
 **Just an FYI - drilling the holes in the wine bottles isn't easy but drinking the wine is sure fun! Ha! 

Some bed spring candles or "shot glass on a spring" that my brother recieved from us!  Everyone needs a shotglass in a spring...its the gift that keeps giving!  Okay, those were words from his mouth.  The 30- something bachelor pretty much thought it was the stupidest gift but boy did we laugh (all night) about his reaction! Good times!  Anyhow I told him it's a great conversation peice for all those first dates he goes on...hint, hint!  Settle down already and give me some neices or nephews!!!!

A close up of some tags I made for some wine springs!  I love them!  Shabby, vintagey (is that a word?), and glittery.  Pitter-patter goes my heart!


Cute little lights that can be used anywhere!


Lastly I'll say goodnight with one of the very few new Cmas decorations I bought this year!  I bought these adoreable little ice skates up at The Red Poppy!  I am in love, love, love with them!  I actually decided to keep them out all winter!  They are so vintagey (there is that word again!) and they are WHITE!!!!  My favorite!  I love vintage, shabby chic, chippy white!  Love, love, love it!  There is a blog that I follow often which I will link up to this week...its White Wednesday...ahhhhh.  Be still my heart!  Hugs until next time! 



4 comments:

missshawna said...

You are so kind...thank you for the nice comment. I am following you back. I LOVE the tags that you made, just beautiful!
Wishing you a blessed 2011

Tracy said...

Lovely work Kristen!! We missed seeing you at New Years.. yes, we must get together very soon!!

huntedtreasures said...

Hi,

Was looking at your bench, guess what your bench is exactly like one that came on in HGTV on Cash Cari, new 2011 program a lady that buys junk and sells treasures, long story short, she bought your exact bench for $40.00 and reupholstered it and sold it for $300.00, You have a nice treasure. Thought you like to know.

Hugs,

Maria & Ruth

Sparkle and Shine! said...

Huntedtreasures- thank you so much for the update! $300, wow-wee! I would never even dream of charging that much and would never even consider paying that! Guess that's why we're junkers eh? Thanks for the update! Hugs! Kristen