Saturday, January 22, 2011

What else have I been up too?

  With all the utter controlled chaos that goes on in our buy lives, I decided that we as in me need to redo our bedroom.  Now I suppose you can call it the master bedroom but really, in a little rambler of a house, you don't get much "master" in master bedroom!  Ha!  Anyhow I found an auction online in which I bid for some furniture...I had looked everywhere for some furniture to redo for our MB but wasn't having much luck so I tried this online auction thing for the first time!  And I have to say, I was nervous as it is sight unseen (except for the pictures provided) but I was very happy with it.  I paid a little bit more than I had hoped for but I knew these would be awesome...and they have 15 drawers between them...a girl can NEVER have too many drawers or organization!  Here they are as seen by the auction pictures...

I know, pretty aren't they...pretty ugly at this point but oh I KNEW they had such potential! 

Once I saw them (in real life) I knew I had to step out of my comfort zone...I decided to go with bluish-gray walls and BLACK (yes, I put BLACK in my house) furniture!  I love black furniture and most of the furniture I redo and sell is black but I don't have one black peice in my house so this, my friends, was a huge deal for me...the hubster was even surprised!  I know...I was a little nervous at this point.  Anyhow, remember I said 15 drawers!!!

I brought them all in to paint in my dining room due to...

This!  There is no painting in the garage when it's this cold!  Yuck!

Here they are in all their glory...I love them!


Look at the detail...so pretty!

(Don't mind my wire shelf I have stored underneath...I didn't realize you could see it so well!)


Now here is a vintage (Sorry Mom!) dress...it was my Mom's as a toddler.  She gave it to me a couple of years ago so I washed it up and made an awesome little white hanger, complete with a paper flower and vintage tag...I love it and it let me put some WHITE in our room.  The color of the wall doesn't show up very well here...it looks baby blue and it isn't.  Its more of a gray blue which I do love!  I love the contrast of the black, white, and blue! 


Here is another of her dress, it is so cute!  I hung the necklace I won from it as the necklace is too pretty to not show off!  (Pitter patter goes my heart!)
Overall the hubster, who left for work in the morning and came home to the majority of the room complete...things it looks good.  Did I mention he's color blind though?  Haha!  Until next time!  Hugs and keep warm! 

2 comments:

missshawna said...

Hi Kristen!
Great job on the furniture. I have lots of dark furniture too. I figure if Pottery Barn can do it, it's got to be good. Glad you like your "goodies".
Hugs~
ShawNa

Tracy said...

Kristen, I'm just so amazed at the finished product.. fabulous!!!!