Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Wednesday!



Well, I had to do a post of Carly! She had her 5th set of E-tubes placed in her ears yesterday and she looks just so rough today! There was a little complication with the surgery...she aspirated and they almost had to intubate her! (SCARY!) But, she relaxed enough with some heavy IV meds (normally an IV isn't even used) and now I just need to watch her closely for pneumonia. It's so hard to watch her go through something she doesn't understand. I think surgery (even a small one like this) is hard on any 6 year old but especially for an Autistic Child who just doesn't understand why. She kept saying "all done" and was trying to get up to leave. Poor thing! Craig was out of town so I went by myself and brought Katie along too as I couldn't ask daycare to take her at 0520 a.m. However, Katie had a lot of questions this time about Carly's surgery and what happens and why, so it was good for her to come along and see what it was all about. She's so good with her little sister - everyone commented on it -that and her dimples. The rest of the day was pretty much spent napping and laying around. Carly seems a little better tonight...she just looks so tough! Her hair hasn't been combed since yesterday early morning and her piggy tails are falling out BUT she was a little more peppy & smiley this evening so hopefully she'll do fine with no complications from the aspiration. The picture attached is kind of blurry but my camera is acting up. I also added my Cmas cards. I've made quite a few different ones this year...the red & green one are Kate & my favorite...Craig liked the black & white. It was kind of fun doing different ones - both were quick & easy - not too fancy. You'll have to wait and see what you get! =)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh Kris, I'm so sorry.. what a hard day for you and Carly and even Katie.. I know what an amazing big sister Katie is.. she is such a loving and caring sister to Carly.. you have every right to be so proud... you and Craig are such good parents:)
My heart just breaks for my precious Carly girl.. it just seems so unfair that she has to continue to go through this.. my thoughts and prayers are with you guys.. Love you all!!!